lunes, 7 de septiembre de 2015

The Gift

I feel my birthday gift needs its own entry for itself.

I can't believe what you got me. Not only this is one of the most amazing books ever; but, the book I vowed to read every single year for as long as I live.
It means so much to me the fact that you wanted me to have something incredibly pretty to hold for years. And it isn't just that. Is all the work you put into getting it, all those hours worked. You had to had the money for this AND for your visit down here. I can't think about all your effort without summoning some tears. No one has ever gone so far for me, and maybe you'll say that this is just the beginning or that it was nothing, but we both know just how much this costed you and how much I appreciate it.

It is my most valuable and precious possession. Forget about my clothes! This book is the item I'd go back to look for in a fire. I can't wait to have it in a box, secure and gorgeous. I can't wait to have it in my hands and read the story in English for the first time. I can't wait to read it a thousand times and watch it get old and show signs of use. I can't wait for you to read your copy and share this adventure with me. I can't wait for it to become one of my iconic items, that specific thing our kids will immediately link with me.
I don't look forward to your death, but if you die first, is on these pages where I shall pour my tears.



I don't know if you have already read it by now, but I don't forget what I wrote: You are more precious to me than all the Silmarillions together.
I love my present and I will cherish all the times I look at it, everytime I turn a page and all those hours of joy is going to give me. But, I will cherish you even more.
I love you, Cody Cole. 
I love who you are -when you are alone, on your worst days, when you are with me-
I love how you think, what you know, what you like, what you say, how you say it.
I love everything about you.
You are my favorite book to read.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario